Thursday, December 16, 2010

Like a strip joint for a Truckie

I should start this off by saying that I love training! Any and all training...yeah sometimes the classes are rather dull (Haz Mat) and the instructors can be like the voice in the Charlie Brown cartoon (wah wah wah wah), but I have met some of the best people in the word (that's right the WORLD) training.  The great thing about it is had I been a slacker about training I would not have had the chance to met these people and learn from them, and maybe teach them something too.  That being said check this out!

http://kearneyhub.com/news/local/article_94283e02-0878-11e0-aa72-001cc4c03286.html
and yes I know that most of this talked about how the cops are blah blah and more blah, but think about it...a whole dorm to burn in, a roof to to truckie work on, and holy crap all the walls I can breach and try to squeze my ass through.  I am getting excitied just thinking about it. 

It didn't come with out a price mind you...
I had to call in  many a favor with the local free sitter club (my sister) to watch the kids, and I will be getting up at "normal" people times (I work overnights) to help with set up and the rest of the tasks, but you know what...SCREW IT!  I am tearing up a dorm. 

What makes this even better is that it's an honor dorm.. There are possibly 10 or 20 smart kids who called me a neanderthal in college who are crying into thier chardonay (or what ever the high brow smart kids drink) becasue we tore down the room they played D and D in during lonely nights wishing they had a girl to take out, let alone a girl to talk to....now that was a wee bit off sides...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment